He is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and one of the greatest critics of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration and the All Progressives Congress.
One thing about Fani-Kayode is that he is not afraid of courting controversies, and action which has fetched him not only criticisms but enemies also.
He was arrested on May 9, and detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for allegedly receiving N840m during the build-up to the 2015 presidential election.
After spending 67 days in EFCC custody, he was finally released on July 15, after meeting his bail conditions.
His time in detention did not break him, instead he is back with more audacity, baring his mind and not caring whose toes he steps on.
Since his release, Fani-Kayode has made a variety of statements about Buhari and the APC that shows he is not afraid of anybody.
1. I remain totally committed to opposing the Buhari administration and the APC and I would NEVER suggest to anyone to ‘join them to move Nigeria forward’.
2. Our land has been turned into a barren and poverty-stricken shell of its former-self by President Buhari’s administration. In collusion with some questionable judges the Buhari administration set out to destabilise, destroy and silence the opposition.
3. Sheriff is working for Buhari to destroy the PDP and he has almost succeeded. The only answer is to continue to fight him in the courts and elsewhere and, if push comes to shove, form another party, get our members and supporters to join that party and leave the bastard with the carcass of the PDP.
4. Goodluck Jonathan failed to rescue Chibok girls but unlike Buhari he did not Bomb them.
5. My prayer for Nigeria is that oil is found in commercial quantities in the core north. I am glad that Buhari is looking for it desperately. If he finds it he and the north will be the first to call for a break up of the country. If he fails to find it they will continue to be the the greatest obstacle to the restructuring of our nation and they will continue to provide the greatest opposition to the peaceful division of our country. Why? Because without southern oil the north is nothing.
6. Polio back, Nigeria no longer the largest economy in Africa: this government is a plague. They bring nothing but sickness, poverty and hardship. They are an affliction that thrives on the suffering of the people. They are the incubus and succubus spirits that feed on the nation’s glory and that suck the life out of the people. Their motivation is pure and unadulterated hate and their objective is to impoverish Nigeria, to silence the opposition, to intimidate and enslave the people, to satisfy their insatiable lust for power and to impose a hideous and ungodly ethnic and religious agenda.
7. Yet nothing is more indicative of the federal government’s misplaced priorities and more reflective of their total and complete moral degeneration and psychotic paranoia than their behaviour towards the owner of a dog that was named Buhari.
8. A man has been arrested for naming his dog Buhari. No dictator in the history of Nigeria has gone this far. We are dealing with a monster.
9. The Buharists and the “lying liars” are blinded by their hate for Jonathan and for those of us that have chosen to stand by him. It is so bad that if their wives were made pregnant by another man they would say that it was Jonathan that was responsible.
10. Did we not tell them that the APC broom was nothing but a symbol of witchcraft and that their fanatical supporters had been put under a terrible sorcerer’s spell? Many of those that once supported President Buhari and his party are now privately lamenting and publicly recanting in shame and bitter pain.
11. There is nothing that is “normal” about Nigeria or the Buhari administration.
12. Nigeria will disintegrate before Buhari’s very eyes if any more innocent blood is shed and if the towns, creeks and villages of the oil-producing states are shelled and reduced to rubble.