Author: Staff Writer

How Mariatu Turay Went from Homeless To Become African Fashion Queen

Mariatu Turay braided hair to survive when she was homeless and penniless after fleeing war-torn Sierra Leone at the age of 16. Now she is prominent in London’s African community as an entrepreneur with her own fashion boutique and believes her story demonstrates that anyone can follow their dream. Turay was born in London, the daughter of a Sierra Leone government official. But was raised in Freetown in the west African nation until being sent to America with her mother and brothers at the age of 16 when civil war was raging. Homeless in the U.S., she fell back...

Read More

Charity Annan Adupong : The making of a Creative Food Entrepreneur

Ghana has moved up the rank in entrepreneurship, thanks to entrepreneurs such as Charity Annan Adupong, who believes it is time home-grown successful entrepreneurs began to invest their knowledge, expertise and experience in helping young businesses. Ola Babs reports. When Cape Coast Polytechnic graduate Charity Adupong realized the poultry industry in Ghana is affected by imported processed meat. According to her, about 90% of chicken eaten in Ghana are imported leaving the country with just 10%, so she decided bridge the gap. Charity is the founder of Meannan Foods, an indigenous agro-processing company with a focus on the agribusiness...

Read More

Meet Israella Kafui Mansu , Africa’s leading cosmetics entrepreneur

From the humblest of beginnings, Israella Kafui Mansu has built her cosmetics company, MGL Naturals into one of the planet’s fastest growing African cosmetics brand and a unique natural skin and hair care products to emerge from a developing nation. She has created job opportunities, and empowered her community and country, whilst presenting a galvanized, dynamic face of African creativity to the global market. Israella Kafui Mansu is a Ghanaian-born leading beauty and cosmetics entrepreneur. She started MGL Naturals at the age of 23, from her kitchen, when she couldn’t find a job after completing her National Service exercise....

Read More

Meet The Entrepreneur Transforming The Black Hair-Care Movement, Ngozi Opara

Meet Ngozi Opara, the founder and CEO of the Heat Free Hair brand. Ngozi started out as a financial analyst but pursued her passion for natural hair care on the side until she decided she just had to pursue her dreams full time. She obtained her license in cosmetology and even moved to China to gain experience as a hair manufacturing technician. She has been recognized by Forbes and several well established publications and this is just the beginning for her. In this interview she talks about building her business, her mistakes and accomplishments and shares some serious advice...

Read More

Jeff Bezos: 9 Remarkable Choices That Shaped The Richest Man In The World

“Cleverness is a gift. Kindness is a choice.” Jeff Bezos may be the richest man in the world, worth more than $105 billion, but money has always been a means to an end for him, a way for the Amazon founder to wield influence and shape the future. The single most remarkable accomplishment of his to date is that he’s fundamentally changed the culture of shopping, an implausible and tectonic shift. “It’s hard to imagine life without Amazon.com,” said the dean of Princeton University during her introduction of Bezos, who gave the commencement speech for the graduating class of...

Read More

PM Covers