Covenant is a spiritual contract binding on two parties each having obligation; it is aimed at maximizing each other’s strength and minimizing weakness and vulnerability. Covenant is sealed in blood and secured by an altar. Covenant is the link that connects the power of God to the problem of man.
NOTE: Man is full of problem (Job 14:1) but covenant is what brings him out.
Today, we shall be unveiling ten (10) mysteries of the covenant:
TEN (10) MYSTERIES OF THE COVENANT
1. The covenant is God’s instrument for man’s rescue (Zach. 9:11)
It is the platform and medium God uses to rescue man from all troubles, problems and frustrations of life).
2. The covenant is the secret for change of season and status e.g the prodigal son.
The deeper you travel in covenant with God, the faster you arrive at destiny.
3. The covenant is the secret of causing your life to produce
It is the platform for negotiating your destiny in God; you can’t carry it and be at the mercy of any satanic antagonism.
4. The covenant increases the depth of your assurance and provision (Psalms 111:5).
5. The covenant will make you a surprise to your generation (Exodus 34:10)
Covenant people are not to be pitied; they are to be envied (1 Cor. 2:9). Every provision of God is rooted in the covenant. The covenant is a realm in God where He does things in your life that makes people open their mouth and saliva drops…
6. The covenant is an instrument of escape (Hebrews 2:3)
7. The covenant causes God to be mindful of you (Psalms 111:5).
Every man in covenant is in the heart of God. God is not only responsible for your existence but committed your movement also (Isaiah 27:2-3)
COVENANT MAKES YOU TO BE UNDER THE WATCH OF GOD
Read: Acts 7:8 and Hebrews 11:15-16
8. The covenant is a force that sets people apart from others e.g just as marriage covenant sets the couple apart, so is covenant with God (Exodus 19:5-6). It gives you preference; covenant makes you assume responsibility as a child of God.
THE HIGHEST RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS THAT OF COVENANT
NB: If two children of God are ‘crying’, God checks the weight of covenant…
9. The covenant is a history altering weapon (Gen. 13:4; 24:1).
It doesn’t matter where you are coming from… the curse in your father’s house is broken, history is changed… by the covenant. Covenant gives you the blessing of old age.
10. The covenant is the power that delivers you from your enemies. (2 Kings 17:35-39).
I pray for you may the covenant swallow up everything that rises against you and your destiny; barrenness, shame and disgrace you are free from all in the name of Jesus.