COVID-19 couldn’t stop these lovebirds.
With the pandemic looming, Nadia and Larry decided to proceed, with caution of course, with their wedding as planned, and it was truly a wonderful occasion for all.
The couple knew that they wanted to have an all white and gold wedding celebration, but with Nadia being the grand Jersey Girl that she is, she wanted to place a large emphasis on the gold. That’s when they brought in wedding planner/designer extraordinaire, Russell Wendell to bring their vision to life. Russell shares,
I wanted to make sure that I nailed Nadia and Larry’s vision perfectly. They wanted a wedding experience that wasn’t the typical white and gold wedding. They wanted a bold presence of gold in their design. And while they desired some extra glitz and glamour, they wanted to maintain an aesthetic that was sophisticated with a contemporary flare. I think that we achieved their desires with the design.
As you will see, Russell did not disappoint.
The ceremony and reception took place in the Sky Room at the Crowne Plaza Midtown Atlanta, which provided beautiful skyline views of the city’s skyline. The hotel’s ballroom was completely transformed with the installation of plush white carpet and satin white drapes, creating the perfect backdrop for the occasion.
The cake, brought to life by A Pinch Bakery, made a huge statement at was placed under the ceremony arch. With Nadia and Larry having been together for 10 years and the wedding date being October 10th, 10/10, we decided to have a tier of the cake in the shape of a decagon.
With the reception all set, the wedding party made their entrance, followed by Larry and Nadia, who made a wardrobe change into more flexible fashions that allowed them to get down on the dance floor. As the guests dined on their multi-course meal, DJ Twice set the tone with some smooth r&b tunes. After dinner, DJ Twice quickly amplified the atmosphere with a mixture of New York and southern hip hop classics, getting everyone on the floor as they danced the night away.
• Couple: Nadia & Larry Hosch
• Occupations: Wardrobe stylist and sales
• Wedding date: 10-10-20
• Wedding location: Sky Room Midtown- Atlanta, GA
• What gifts did you give to your bridesmaids and groomsmen: I got Tiffany necklaces for bridesmaids and leather engraved toiletry bags for groomsmen.
• Gifts for one another: I got Larry Creed cologne. He got me an initial necklace with a ruby in it.
• Ceremony entrance song: c- murder “Down for my…”
• First dance song: Force MDs “Tender Love”
How did you meet?
Through an acquaintance at the art institute of Atl.
Tell us about the proposal.
It was a surprise at the battery Atlanta where all of my family and friends were in a room full of candles with Larry on 1 knee.
Describe your wedding style.
As a stylist, I wanted a high fashion wedding. My gown was a custom Winnie Couture dress and custom jumpsuit by Nate Hutson Collection.
Larry wore a custom tuxedo by Ellis Esq.
The wedding shopping experience was a pretty cool experience. I didn’t love anything that I saw in the stores so I found two dresses that I like and kind of merge them into one.
Did you incorporate any culture into your wedding?
My family is from New Jersey and Larry’s family is from North Carolina. Therefore, it was kind of like a North meet South experience. We had a lot of Jersey/New York music in the reception while dining on tasty southern cuisine.
What is your best memory from your wedding?
The vows, by far. We each wrote our own. They are words that we will never forget.
• Wedding Coordinator and Designer: Russell Wendell
• Bride & Groom: Mr. & Mrs. Hosch
• Photographer: LaJoy Photography
• Florals and Decor: Christopher Marcs Designs
• Videographer: Capturing The Miracle Photography & Videography
• Cake: A Pinch Bakery
• Rentals: Georgia Party Rentals
• Dance Floor: Wrap City Vinyl
• Draping: Atlanta Wedding Décor By Geri Sims
• Stationery: Nolram Bak
• Linen: I Do Linens
• DJ: DJ Twice Entertainment
• Photo Booth: 6th and Frame Photobooths
• Venue: Crown Plaza Atlanta Midtown
• Makeup: Yaya Beats Face
• Hair: Desiree Calhoun Hair
• Bridal Ceremony Gown: Winnie Couture
• Bridal Reception Attire: Nate Hutson Collection
• Groom Attire: Ellis Esq
• Groom and Groomsmen Styling: Groom Concierge